Thursday, April 28, 2011

Church in Action

It is a beehive of activity here on Thursday, April 28.  Due to the many storms and tornados in the area last evening, there is a lot of destruction to be cleaned up today - - - - cleaning that requires chainsaws and tree removal.  Earlier this morning, men were organized into work crews and sent out to help as telephone calls were received at our switchboard.

Our kitchen crew prepared food and fed members of the community who were without power.  Numerous take-out plates of lasagna and salad were sent to the workers and home owners.

Video of some of the area's damage can be seen at http://www.newschannel9.com/  and  http://www.wrcbtv.com/  and http://www.wdef.com/

2 comments:

  1. There is God working through people. I have been praying like crazy for the devastation in the south. I hope everyone bands together to help clean up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The destruction is so widespread. I know the help your church is providing is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete